The many faces of jute webbing…

Jute webbing is normally used in upholstery projects. It can be purchased at your local fabric shop and is normally .40 a yard.

Black Jute Webbing

It’s normally hidden in upholstery projects, but there are ways you can use it in decor.

Here is a DIY tutorial on a table runner:

TD_1859

Or you can use it to give a chair a face lift:

image

Or how about some custom napkin rings:

options

I know it’s crazy to be thinking about the  holidays already, but I’m loving this jute wreath:

Or you add a bit to a ready made roman shade to give it a little something-something!

simpleromanshades

What else would you use it for?

This entry was posted in inspiration. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to The many faces of jute webbing…

1. Elena says:

I'll be using jute webbing as straps for a new duffle bag I'm making, then covering the red jute stitches with a coordinating fabric. So fun!

2. Nicole-Lynn says:

Very cute ideas. I've seen some of these online too. I love it for a runner.. we're actually doing burlap tabel runners for our beach wedding.

3. Kathysue says:

I have thought of using it in all the same ways you have displayed. It is a great look for those that love burlap. How about using it for some picture matting?!! Kathysue

4. define1lady says:

Fabulous ideas! I love the runner too.

5. Megan Smart says:

All those ideas are so cool! I like the chair, I have few that need to be redone!

6. domestikatedlife.com says:

I was just using some of this webbing for an upholstery project the other day and was thinking about how it was too pretty to hide underneath the layers of fabric!

7. sanctuaryhome says:

I got a TON of jute webbing when a Joanne's Fabrics was moving. It was like 75% off. It has been patiently waiting for a project to come up, thanks for the inspiration.

8. ghost chair says:

I don't know what I'd use it for, but I love natural fibers and fabrics. Usually sustainable, and oh so cute!

9. Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design says:

Very good idea! Never thought to use it!

10. Sarah says:

I love the jute wreath and also the roman shade. Really pretty.

11. Sonja @ Uberbliss.blogspot.com says:

I, too, found some last year for a great price. About the same time I got my hands on a bazillion old square dresser drawers – don't ask :) . I decorated the outside of the boxes with the jute, used nailhead trim on every end to hold it in place, drilled drainage holes, planted herb gardens and gave them/sold them. They were fabulous! Thanks for reminding me to buy that great deal…even if I don't know what I'll do with it yet.

12. charm home says:

I've seen a lot of companies coming out with webbing pillows. They will have a plain linen/cotton fabric with a cross of webbing or just one strap going down the front. Very cool looking. It would be so easy to recreate. I hadn't seen it as banding on window treatments though. I really like that. Happy Friday! -c

13. Adrienne says:

Love these ideas especially the table runner and the wreath!

14. KrzyKron says:

Oh wow! Those napkin rings are to die for! :) Such a great idea!

15. Kelle Dame says:

I'm becoming very familiar with jute webbing…and I'm not sure if I'm so happy about it :) I love it though even if it doesn't do what I say sometimes. It is so versatile. It's my new version of ticking.

16. Pemberley says:

I'm loving all these ideas!

17. Courtney @ Project Pretty says:

These are fabulous ideas.. I'd never seen some of them before! Thanks so much for sharing!!

18. Hello Lover... says:

Love all of these ideas – especially that table runner! I think it would be great wrapped around votives or glass vases to give a rustic look to your flowers! Along the edge of a lamp shade would be a great mini lamp makeover!

19. KRISHNA PRASAD MENON says: