IN HER SHOES: Jones Design Company

My latest IN HER SHOES featured lady is a jane of all trades.

She can tackle and document amazing DIY projects like her stenciled office walls:

She designs pretty art prints and stationary.

{How cute would this print be in a playroom?}

She does all that along with being a blogger and a mother to 4 lovely kids! I don’t know how she does it all!

Take a peek into Emily from Jones Design Company typical day.

My morning begins around 7:15. No need for an alarm clock around here … I have four little ones who never let me down. The boys {7, 5, 3} play legos in the playroom for a few minutes while I s.l.o.w.l.y wake and feed the baby her morning bottle.

By 8:00 the kids are ‘starving’ so we hang out with our favorite curious monkey and eat cereal.

8am

A glass of orange juice is my equivalent of coffee {I know, how sacrilegious for a Seattle girl}. We take my first grader off to the bus, the little boys move on to Jake & the Neverland Pirates and baby girl helps me check email.

Around 9:00 it is time to get dressed. My kids aren’t picky about what they wear {yet!} which makes morning dressing pretty easy.

clothes out

On this particular day we have a play group to go to at my friend Rae’s house. Muffins, coffee, friends … what could be better?

play date

One quick stop at Target {and of course a walk through the Lego aisle}

IMG_9775

and another at the hardware store to pick out some paint

paint

and we’ve officially hit ‘melt down’!

done

By 1:00 we’re home for a quick lunch then straight to bed for the little ones and quiet time for No.2. Which means work time for mommy.

labels

At 3:30 it’s pick-up at the bus stop, then time to check the mail {one of my favorite things is getting mail!}

IMG_9772

Our afternoon consists of snacks, coloring, legos and if its nice, we’ll head to the neighborhood park. Today is not particularly nice, so we draw instead.

craft time

At 5:00 I have a date with Nate as I make dinner {tonight: fish tacos}

dinner time

Dinner is a whirlwind of little people dropping food and the silliest highs & lows, but we love eating together as a family and try to make it a priority. After dinner, we have some time to play then pop the kids in the bath.

By 7:30 its bedtime for baby girl

bed

and book time for the boys {The Hardy Boys are a new fave around here}.

book

Once our babies are all tucked in, its back to work {this time doing some designs with my fancy new pen tablet}

design

While I work, I snack on healthy things like chocolate chip cookies and listen to one very wise pastor and teacher. Most of the time Ryan sits across from me in the office and works on his computer {what dorks we are}. But it allows us to hang out and check things off our lists at the same time {again, what dorks we are}.

cookie & god

A few hours of designing, packaging art prints, writing blog posts and emailing, I call it quits and head to bed {ahh, how I love our bed}.

bed

And there it is … a day in the life of this busy, but grateful, mama.

……………………………………………………

A big thank you to Emily for sharing her day with us! If you are new to IN HER SHOES make sure you stick around and catch with some of other favorite ladies from the blog/design world.

This entry was posted in In her shoes. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to IN HER SHOES: Jones Design Company

1. Jill says:

What a busy lady – I love to see moms that are busy with kids and business. So inspiring! I live in Grand Rapids and used to go to Mars Hill, such a small world.

2. I LOVE her blog, and her intricate stencil work…such a great one to feature, thanks!!!

3. pve says:

Emily is amazing and we are so blessed as she shares her work and days with each of us.
    pve

4. Desiree says:

love this! and I love Pastor Mark and Mars hill Church! sooo awesome you mentioned :)

5. Emily is one of my favorite blogger’s – she has great style and I love all of her printables. Loved reading about her day.
    My best- Diane

6. cailan says:

This is very fun to see . I love how they sit at the same computer desk together – such a fabulous set-up – and what could be more fun than checking off your to-do list side-by-side? :)

7. Sarah says:

I had no idea how Emily manages to get done all that she does…and do it so stylishly:) Thanks for the peek!!!

8. susan says:

what a fun feature, Emily is so talented!

9. Janell Beals says:

It is amazing you can get anything done Emily!! Kudos for the balancing act! Janell

10. Nicki says:

Wow…what a day she has! I love reading her blog and it’s so interesting to see how she spends her day.

11. Kristen says:

I look forward to reading Emily’s blog every day! I love everything she does…and her kiddos are just adorable, too! :)

12. erin says:

What a fun series! As a new mom myself, I love to see how other mommies structure their days and juggle multiple tasks-especially when it comes to design and blogging. It is so easy to think that other moms “do it all”-effortlessly! Of course, that is never the case ;)

Emily has such fantastic style and is a beautiful mother. Thank you for the fun read!

13. Love this feature!!! What a darling family!

xx,
    dCc

14. Caroline says:

What a lovely day balancing family and work…Thanks for sharing! Happy Saturday! Caroline

15. Isn’t it amazing how talented women are and how they can juggle a million balls every day. My hat off to Emily and all the designers who are moms.

Cheers,

Claudia

16. Kristy Swain says:

Love seeing the balance of family and work.

17. stephanie says:

Mark Driscoll is awesome! Love hearing how you busy mamas do it!

18. This is seriously one of my favorite series out in blogland. I love the peek into Emily’s day!!

19. Love this series! And I love Emily’s choice of paints. :)