One of my favorite projects from my recent bathroom revampis my revamped roman shade. I had a plain jane white roman shade that I knew could be so much more. What’s a girl to do? Dye it a different shade, add trim of some sort?
This tassle shower curtainkept popping into my mind and since I already had a shower curtain I knew exactly what to do with the roman shade….tassels!
Here is what you need to make tassels:
Here is the how to:
1. Simply take your piece of cardboard and start wrapping your embroidery thread around it. I like to count how many loops I’m making so that I can make all of my tassels the same amount of thickness.
2.Tie a knot at the top end of your cardboard loop.
3. Cut the opposite end of the loop. Either while it’s still on the cardboard or after you slide it off.
4. With your tie knot on top fold over thread so that you have equal amounts of thread on each side of knot. Then tie a knot to make your tassel neck.
5. Then wrap your thread around until the desired width.
6.Then make another knot and you are finished with your tassel.
7. Use the top loop you made to thread your tassel unto your desired item. I used this tassel on a napkin, but it can really go anywhere.
They are so easy to make, but they are time consuming. Doing my little roman shade took around 3 hours. I love it though and it was literally just a couple of dollars to make so it was worth it.