What can I say! I’m totally feeling Valentine’s day this year! It’s not a holiday I take very seriously, but it is fun to inject a little dose of love into the month. If you follow me on instagram ( Wait you don’t? You should totally follow me! I swear I’m fun and my instagram stories can be very entertaining!) then you saw that I recently finished up a conversation heart project and shared the easy steps in a slide show.
Now I’m taking my love for conversation hearts and my love for interior design and merging the two together. I came up with a super easy DIY to make conversation heart pillows!
Here is what you will need:
-Plain jane pillow cover – My favorite one is from Ikea
-Craft paint – My personal favorite is Martha Stewart
-Stencil – any will do, but I picked these up in Target’s dollar spot. They worked perfectly for this project.
Here is what you have to do!
It’s pretty easy!
1. Cut out your heart template. Since my stencil was heart shaped I just taped it on to my felt and cut out the heart.
2. Then I taped on the stencil again to have it nice and firm against the felt and sponged on my paint. Go light on the paint and do a couple applications.
3. Remove stencil and let fully dry.
4. Use spray adhesive to attach heart to center of pillow cover
5. Accessorize! I had some pre-made tassels that I applied to the corners of one pillow.
I also painted on a border of faux piping to another one! With the pillow cover I recommend it has a flat rim border around it. So you can easily go over and paint it a pop of color to give the illusion of contrasting fabric trim. I have used this trick before on my DIY silhouette pillows!
I really enjoyed this project, because it took around 30 mins from start to finish and there were no hiccups! So simple!
How adorable is the tassel trim one! Such a fun addition to the pillow! The best part about these tassels is that they had metallic threads in them! You know I love a little sparkle.
Here is my faux piping version. I love the mix of orange and pink! It’s always a classic color combo in my book.
Here is the classic version with no extras!
All of them are adorable and a sweet Valentine’s day or just a fun accessory to whip up for your home decor!