Open House: John’s Journal

Maria has been a long time reader of this blog and due to her lovely comments I found her blog! It is a source of contact inspiration and I’m happy to share her home with you today.

Here is her chic living room that I pretty much love everything in it. Can totally see myself at home here:

Highlights:
-I think I will always love gallery walls. Also love that each piece a special meaning.
-Zig-Zag rug
-Swoon worthy Lucite coffee table

Fireplace wall:

Highlights:
-Bamboo Chairs from Pier 1
-Artwork by IKEA that is hung on L brackets and hides their flat screen TV!

Opposite the sofa we have these lovely ladies:

From behind the left ikat chair we can see a peek of animal print. You know me I think every home should have one and Maria whipped out her DIY skills to make this:

A little wood, zebra contact paper and nailhead trim was all it took! DIY instructions here

Gideon’s room:

Highlights:
-Maria’s dads boat maps were cut up and framed.
-Fun swing from IKEA

Master Bedroom:

What a serene and glamourous retreat.

Highlights:
-Show stopping lighting fixture that was a Candice Olsen find from Overstock.
-Large x-bench at foot of bed.
-Monogram on bedding! I love the special touch that a monogram gives to a piece. It makes it more personal and can help achieve a certain vibe/look depending on what font you pick. If given the opportunity I’m certain I would monogram everything around me. No one would be safe. :)

I spied this piece at IKEA a couple of weeks ago and I’ve been itching to use it. Love how it looks in this space!

What a beautiful home full of charm and glam! A big thanks to Maria for sharing with us!

If you are interested in featuring your home email me at cpavone0107@gmail.com

This entry was posted in open house. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Open House: John’s Journal

1. Maria says:

Thanks so much Camila for all your sweet words and your continued inspiration through your work and blog, its been so fun following you!

2. kayce hughes says:

So fun to see! Thanks.

3. Pigeon says:

How does she watch tv? Does the artwork come down/slide over?

4. Karena says:

Wonderful and I also love the painting above the Zebra Console. LOvely home!

Come and enter my Latest Giveaway!!

Karena
    Art by Karena

5. Preppy Little Dress says:

Loved seeing all the mix & match of fabrics! Thanks for sharing!

6. Simony says:

Maria has talent! She was able to mix so many textures and colors and make it all come together looking good!
    I love to paint skies, and that picture above the zebra console won my heart! Beautiful furniture and gorgeous chandelier above the bed!

I would love to enter my house. Should I send you some pictures by email and see if you would like to share it with your readers? Please, let me know.

7. Maria says:

Hey guys, I forgot to mention where the painting above the zebra table is from….believe it or not Homegood for under $50, I LOVE it too and get a lot of questions on it!! The art above the tv has just one L bracket screwed in upside down adn we just lift it right off to watch tv, no problems. lightweight artwork is key!

8. Teresa Hatfield says:

She did such a wonderful job of decorating. Love the zebra table. Great idea.
    Teresa (Splendid Sass)

9. Jules says:

I loved the master bedroom. I could see myself spending all day in that bed. The whole house is beautiful!

10. diane@onlinefabricstore says:

excellent example of how to mix patterns. cute home!

11. I'm Stacey... says:

I knew that zebra console looked familiar! When I saw that DIY article on Design Sponge, I immediately bookmarked it for future use!

12. B says:

I am in love with that lucite coffee table. I am dying for a lucite chair and posted about it today! :) great post.

13. Anna See says:

Gorgeous! What a wonderful peek into a glamorous home!

14. LiveLikeYou says:

I'm still getting over how fantastic that DIY project is.

15. Living Livelier says:

Kudos for the TV artwork set up Maria! I think that is fantastic!
    Deb

16. Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle says:

I want those bamboo chairs, heading to Pier I right now to see if they are still available.