Show & Tell: Mirrored Cabinet

Last week I found this amazing project that Rachel of Southern Exposure featured back in Sept.

I’ve been completely jealous that her latest before and after project is not currently residing in my dining room.

Check it out.

Here is her before:

She found a cabinet at one of her favorite home town shops and knew she had to have it. It came in two pieces.

Here is the base:

Here is the top piece:

Greek god artwork included of course. :)

I was so excited to continue scrolling and see what she had done with it. Let me tell you Rachel did not disappoint.

Taking her inspiration from a cabinet by Oly:

She got to work with some paint, mirrors, mouldings, liquid nails and a bit of super glue she got this:

Jaw dropping! I want one please!

Bravo Rachel! You can check out more details on the project here.

All images via Southern Exposure

This entry was posted in before and after, show and tell. Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Show & Tell: Mirrored Cabinet

1. Janell Beals says:

Now that is amazing…great work and what a transformation!! Janell

• Carol says:

Really beautiful and elegant. What patience and vision. I probably could not have gotten past the green paint in the “before”. I would love to see her put a 2.5 t0 3 inch piece of crown molding around the top in the place of the little strip of wood. This is somehting I have seen the TV carpenters do when they are trying to make something more elegant and expensive looking. Regardless it is a lovely piece.

2. Leila says:

She has some of the most amazing before & after projects! That console is one of them!

3. Wow that is absolutely incredible. I am in in awe.

4. WOWSERS! That is one of the most amazing furniture transformations I’ve seen! Love, love, LOVE it! I may have to fight you for it! ;-)

5. abby jenkins says:

What a transformation! I wish it would warm up so I could go out to the barn and work on some of my projects….will it ever warm up?

6. holy cow! that’s beautiful.

7. I am so blown away on what she did! I have to go check it out. Thanks so much for sharing this, people never cease to amaze me with their talent.

8. Um hi that is INCREDIBLE! Seriously! I want one.

9. Appletree says:

omg. that is incredible.

10. April says:

That’s crazy amazing! Amazing! Omg. Wow.

11. doriroberts says:

I wish i could do that!!

12. Danielle ~Sweet Nothings says:

that is just fantastic. i really want to hire out bloggers to do all these amazing DIY projects!

13. Never ever in a million years would I have envisioned what the final product could be. Amazing job on her part!

14. Blondie says:

This is truly amazing..I’m so inspired! Kori xoxo

15. Katrina says:

WOW!! What a huge difference! loving the style everything

16. Kasey says:

OMG that looks A-Mazing!

17. Ellie Cutler says:

Ohhhhhhh…that’s amazing! Thanks for sharing! It’s totally inspired me for a project I was kinda stuck on…

18. OMG, Rachel is a rock star!! I’m most amazed by her vision, I would never have been able to see the potential in that piece.

19. All I have to say about that is WOW!!!!!

20. anna see says:

Holy Moley! That is stunning!

21. Rachel says:

Wow-thanks everyone for your kind comments! And, thank you, Camila, for featuring my project! I am very flattered!

• Cathy says:

Dear Rachel: I commend you on your creativity and finished product. I too have these visions and have created some interesting pieces. I have a question to ask you and hope you can answer me via my e-mail address above. I see your base cabinet and only see one top cabinet, however, the finished product shows two bottom and two top cabinets. I am assuming there were two top cabinets also but only one is shown with the Greek art in front, am I correct? The finished product is spectacular and I hope you are following your God given gift because you could make a lot of money doing so. There are so many people who do not have a vision like yours and would love to own your creations. I have a project in my head right now for someone else and have just received their approval to go ahead with my idea. My intentions are similar to your cabinet above however the mirrors will be the back wall of this cabinet with an open front and contain wood and glass shelves to properly hold wine and glassware. The wood shelves will be shaped in the “X” fashion in order to hold the wine bottle lying on its side, mirrors in the back and above the two wine holders will be wine glass holders to hang the glasses upside down over the wine itself. The entire cabinet will be surrounded with small mouldings and the header and footer mouldings will be at least 2 inches thick. Inside the cabinet I will install lighting that is battery operated instead of trying to run wires or make holes in the sides. Directly across the room from this cabinet I am creating will be an oblong mirror to reflect the contents and ambiance of this pretty creation. I will definitely present the picture of your creation to my friend to show her what really can be done and how gorgeous the finished product can be. I would love to hear more about your ideas and see more of your creations again. I too have some ideas I would like to pass to you to see if you think they would work. You must feel so accomplished with your work of art and need to continue to be creative again and again. To purchase a cabinet like this in a furniture store and/or warehouse would not be affordable for most people. Good Luck and Thanks for your beautification and pictures of the before and after project.

22. INSANE!!!
    Want one – like NOW.

23. Maggie Rose says:

Holy crap. So amazing. Wish I even had the wallspace to accommodate dreaming of tackling a project like this (we’re all windows and doorways in the dining room). Because WOW.

24. kelley says:

that is an INSANE DIY project. off the hook
    K

25. Vanessa says:

I LOVE that! So inspiring – thanks for sharing!

xo,
    Vanessa

26. WOW, that is very impressive! Great transformation.