Weekend Recap: Client progress

This weekend was jam packed with client work and I don’t think I’ve fully recovered from it yet. Major plus though is that a lot of progress got done. It’s one thing to see my plans in paper/digital form, but it’s a whole other thing to see everything in the space and see my vision come to life.

We headed into Brooklyn on Saturday to install a bunch of items in a brownstone I’m working on. My clients are really cool so along with work we get to chat and catch up. Plus they have a little guy who is super cute and fun to play around with.

Our original inspiration for the living room was the living room from It’s Complicated:

We loved the burnt orange with pops of navy and the overall neutral and cozy setting. We did want to make it a bit younger though so I made some additions and here is a sneak peek of what we are doing:

We are all really happy with how it is turning out. Of course installs never go as planned and we had our hand saw sort of go up in flames and smoke and had to head back to L.I. and purchase a new saw, make some cuts at home and head back into BK. Let’s just say it was a long day, but well worth it.

On Sunday we wrapped up a furniture project for a client and dropped it off. I was sad to see it go so I snapped a bunch of pictures before it left.

Armoire with mirrored doors:

Pop of pink inside:

Then a little of both worlds:

While Jon was doing that I used the sunlight to my advantage and snapped some pictures of Jon’s artwork. (I swear the etsy shop is coming soon.)

One of my favorite mini pieces:

All in all it was an eventful weekend. With not a lot of rest, but a lot of accomplishments.

P.S. We had a doctor’s appointment this morning and found out the sex of the baby! We will reveal all tomorrow. Need to find a clever way to spill the beans.

This entry was posted in weekend recap. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Weekend Recap: Client progress

1. The armoire is just gorgeous. It looks like it cost hundreds of dollars!

I bet it’s a girl… or a boy!

2. Your husbands art is so beautiful – lucky you! And congrats on your new baby!!!!

3. carmel says:

Seriously can’t wait for the etsy shop!

4. Manali says:

LOVE the armoire, so unique!
    You should have a “gender reveal” party – you cut the cake and reveal the sex of the baby by the color of the frosting inside! Check it out on this blog: http://www.ontobaby.com/2011/07/mel-andys-gender-reveal-party/

• effortless says:

Those gender reveal parties are fun! All of our immediate family couldn’t wait so they were told right away via text. Not very exciting, but everyone is happy just to know. Trying to figure out a cute picture to do to reveal to all of my lovely blog readers. :)

5. Ashley says:

Is that coral/tangerine linen on that living room chair? Oh, it’s so pretty! And what a great special treat inside the armoire–lucky, lucky client!

6. Oh my goodness…that armoire is AMAZING!!! And more importantly, I can’t WAIT to hear your news tomorrow!!!

7. I LOVE seeing your progress!

8. Sarah says:

Congrats on your big ultrasound!! Can’t wait to hear the news! Either way will be awesome, either way your life is about to change forever:) Love the burnt orange and navy combo! Wondering how you are running around getting all this done while being prego (I’m getting tired just reading it), make sure you take some time to relax for yourself and that little one;) More power to ya, girl!

9. karin says:

do you have a main source that you like for pouf’s? I see many on websites that I don’t know which is the best bang for your buck. ever look at Nate Berkus silver one?

10. Looking forward to your reveal!!
    The armoire is beautiful. Great job.