Change up in the office

My settee that was bought for my office a while back:

{Wonderland Pearl fabric}

Was recently transformed and is now residing in Hudson’s nursery. I swear a reveal of the nursery is coming soon. I replaced the settee in my office with the white daybed that resided in our guest room aka Hudson’s room. I now have a big white space in my office that needed a new punch of pattern.

Enter my two new colorful fabrics that arrived last week:

Ah. In love with the new bright coral/orange velvet and  fun floral pattern with peacocks.

Still deciding how I’m going to use the fabrics. They will either become pillows or perhaps be part of my chair revamp.

A while back I saved this chair from trash day:

It’s clearly seen better days, but I loved the lines of it so home it went. Now I just need to decide do I cover it with the coral velvet or the fun pattern? Also what color should I paint the frame?

Any suggestions? I uploaded my image to Big Huge Labs and here are the colors it pulled from the image:

So, what’s a girl to do?

This entry was posted in about me, fabric. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Change up in the office

1. Laurie says:

Oh so many choices!! That is a hard one, but I would give the wild willow green a go! I love the wicker chair too.

2. ooo lucky find with that chair! can’t waiiiit to see hudson’s nursery!

3. How fun is that peacock fabric! I had also not yet heard of Big Huge Labs, so thank you for the tip! What fun things I could do with the ‘Warholizer’!

4. Amy says:

Gosh, I think one of the greens (Amulet or Lochinvar) would be gorgeous on the chair frame with that fabric! Can’t wait to see what you choose.

5. Margaret says:

I love the idea of a bright shiny “lochinvar” or “amulet” on the frame. Love the print.

6. Never heard of Big Huge Labs before! Thanks for the tip.

7. Kristen says:

Where did you find the gorgeous orange/coral velvet fabric? Thanks!

• effortless says:

Hi Kristen,

It’s made by Duralee, but it’s from the outlet so I have no clue what it’s called. I actually picked up the last amount of yardage they had. Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

-C

8. Sara says:

So, so fun!! I vote for painting the chair frame the bright red in the middle (that is nameless) or the lochinvar beneath it, if you use the floral fabric. I just think the bright choices go well with the other bright colors in your office. I think if you went with one of the greens, you could also have the option of maybe doing the back in the floral and the seat in the velvet? Just a thought. Have fun and can’t wait to see what you decide to do!

9. Lesley says:

Hi, I lurk, I seldom post, but this was so tempting I had to drop my guard and tell you fab-u-lous fabric choices! I would use the floral on the front and the coral on the back of the chair. Approaching from behind you have the sense this is a traditional looking seat then you see the front and ka-pow! Any extra floral can be a squishy bolster on the white settee or maybe an insert for another solid cushion cover. I’d go for broke and paint the legs red. I love the teal “lochinvar” color but unless it’s high gloss, it can look faded. Oh, and if you are replacing the bamboo wing chair, can I have it?? So loving the twist on traditional design! Cannot wait to see the reveal of this and Hudson’s nursery.

10. That bamboo wing chair so needs to come to my house!!! I love it!! Also, love the fabric, the colors are so pretty, I actually might have to copy you and bring it in my office! I have turquoise on the back of my bookshelves and those colors would look awesome in here!
    Also, love the trim on your drapes! Where did you get it?

11. Upcycled Home says:

I would go with rice cake for th frame, put the velvet on the seat and inside back, and put the floral on the outside back plus make a bolster to 16×24″ pillow if you have enough. So cute!