Hope you enjoyed your extended holiday weekend. I loved taking a mini break from blogging/work during the Christmas/New Years madness, but I must say I’m excited for life to get back to normal a bit. Of course since it’s a new year and all I do want to make some changes on my normal and that means getting a bit more organized.
When I worked for someone else I was one of the neatest people I knew. Now that I work for myself client receipts end up sprinkled throughout whatever coat I happened to be wearing and measurements, etc end up on post it notes, old mail envelopes, or the receipts I mentioned above. Not good.
In order to hit the ground running in 2013 I’m looking into picking up a new planner. While I’m a blogger and embrace all of the things that my computer and iphone help me with I really love going old school with my daily notes and schedule.
Here are some of my current favorites that are in the running:
1. The Day Designer by Whitney English: I’m totally intrigued by this planner, but since I can’t just pick it up and flip through the pages to check out all of it’s bells and whistles I’ve been in a bit of sticker shock situation with the $55 price tag.
2. Leather Planner: I think this may be a bit too teeny for my liking, but I do love that the small size means it could slip in my purse and it has a pocket where I can store important receipts plus it’s over all just so pretty!
3.Iconic Leather Journal/Planner: Love the leather cover, love the contrasting elastic band and the inside looks amazing, because it’s full of space to jot down all of my notes for clients or blog ideas.
4. Der Reisende Schedulers: First off it’s called a scheduler. Fancy, right? Secondly I love every single color it’s available in and thirdly it’s just so aesthetically pleasing that it had me at
5. Merci Pour Tout: Adore all of the color combos that is available in plus the styled photos on this site are great. The French High School student in me also loves the French saying on the cover. It’s on the teeny size though so again I’m not sure if it would work for my needs. My handwriting tends to be a bit big and loopy so I need a bigger page.
6. May Designs Planner:Love how you can customize just about everything on this planner. You tons of pattern designs you can pick from and then you can pick your own background space, monogram style, monogram color and what pages you want included on the inside. It’s also amazingly budget friendly with my featured option coming in at $20.
I think I’m leaning for option 3. What about you? Do you pick out a new planner for the new year? Any favorites I need to check out before I make my final pick?