Scenes from my weekend…

This weekend was filled with rain, rain and more rain. So, instead of our normal mix of fun activities and some business we actually decided to simply enjoy our home and relax with the rain, some movies and of course yummy food. The perfect ingredients for a perfect weekend. In honor of Alpine Lace’s My Life Ingredients campaign I decided to share how Alpine Lace Swiss cheese helped fuel my weekend at home doing what I love to do best…hang out with my men.

As the only lady in my home I was lucky enough to be woken up with breakfast in bed this weekend!

DSC_0071

This pregnancy I’ve been on a huge cheese kick, which is good because I haven’t really been loving any other sort of protein. So, my men made me a massive croissant egg sandwich complete with my latest cheese obsession, Alpine Lace reduced fat Swiss cheese.

Of course my breakfast in bed was not a solo affair after a couple of minutes this little man decided to join me.

DSC_0082
{Hudson was of course more interested in playing with my flowers than actually helping me munch on my breakfast.}

You see little Hudson has been driving me nuts with eating lately. All he is interested in is fruit snacks and goldfish. Most meals are left untouched and he simply tells me, No, thank you, when I ask him to try the meal I put in front of him. It seems like it’s a normal 2 year old thing to do, but I keep blaming myself that he isn’t eating a well balanced meal. So, I’ve started to get creative with the way I display food for him in the hopes that he will give something a little nimble or two.

A paired a fun cutting board that I used as my plate, a paper kraft bag to fill with carrots (his favorite), grapes for something sweet and a little Swiss cheese and turkey sandwich.

DSC_0108

I had a little victory when Hudson exclaimed, “Wow” when he saw the whole set up and actually ate a little bit of everything.

For dinner we all wanted something light so I rounded up some of my favorites: cheese roll-ups, turkey roll-ups, mixed nuts, grapes, strawberries and wheat crackers. Yum! I made things super easy by just using a large platter for all of the goodies and paper plates. Who doesn’t enjoy a quick and easy meal that doesn’t require a ton of prep work or clean up.

DSC_0139

What ingredients fuel the ingredients that make up your perfect day? Do you love heading outdoors, cooking a meal for your family, heading to the movies or just hanging out with family and friends and laughing it up?

Head over here to share how you breakdown your day in order to have a happy and fulfilling life.

A big thanks to Alpine Lace for sponsoring today’s post and helping me show you the ingredients for a perfect day in my life.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, weekend recap. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Scenes from my weekend…

1. AvaR says:

I am loving your bedroom wallpaper! Thanks for giving me a better view of it. I’ve noticed it in background in other pictures. You have great taste, of course!

2. SB says:

Really??!
    Really?!!!!
    This is a blog post you expect us to take seriously?

Unbookmarking!

• effortless says:

Hi,

I’m sorry you feel that way. My blog takes up a huge amount of my time so it has now turned into a business of sorts. This means that from time to time I need to take on campaigns to help pay for hosting fees, etc. I always try to pick campaigns that my readers will enjoy and that will provide some pretty imagery, content and most times a DIY project or two to go along with it. Sorry to lose you as a reader.

Camila

• Syd says:

I’m sorry, but I have to agree with SB. Come on Camila, this has gotten ridiculous. Cheese?!

I know you are pregnant and busy, but hosting fees are $4 a month. This is supposed to be a platform for promoting your decorating business. Yet there’s still no portfolio and instead you are taking pictures of cheese. As someone who has followed you since High Heeled Foot in the Door, I think you need to reconsider your priorities here.

• effortless says:

Hi Sydney,

I just wanted to take a moment to email you, but my email got bounced to me. I am sorry if you are disappointed in me, but I need to contribute some sort of income to my household. Yes, my main business was design and why I started the blog, but working from home with a toddler has changed things a bit and currently opportunities I get from blogging provide me with more income and let me be picky with design clients and only take on a couple at time. Doing blog projects is a lot easier to do with a small child and busy family. Plus lately so many bloggers have taken on campaigns to continue to provide free daily blogs that I was hoping it was becoming more of a norm.

Also not sure where you got your hosting information but I pay $185 a quarter which does add up.

My portfolio got put on the back burner because I had a number of issues with graphic designers and lost a lot of deposits trying to find someone reliable.

I am finally working with someone reliable and we should be launching the new site/blog in May with my portfolio.

I’m hoping to put Hudson in daycare come Sept so that I can concentrate more on design work.

I know exactly where my priorities are and currently this is what works for me. Blogs evolve and currently this blog is evolving into more of a business on its own and will start introducing more lifestyle style posts, fashion and beauty.

I’m so sorry if I lose you as a reader especially since you have been with me since the beginning and maybe I’m just overly emotional due to pregnancy hormones but letting a reader down when I’m just trying to make a living really made me feel like a failure and made me have a good cry. I’m not telling you this to change your mind about me it’s just the truth. I just wanted you to know that I really cherish my readers and really think about everything they leave in comments and emails to me.

Camila

• Syd says:

Camila, it wasn’t my intention to make you cry, but rather to act as a wake up call: YOU CAN DO BETTER. Cheese isn’t relevant to your blog. Alienating your readers isn’t going to help you, your blog, or your business in the long run. If you want to treat your blog like a business consider this: would you ever go into a decorating client’s house and try to sell them anything other than your decorating advice? Or at the very least, would you try to sell them anything other than something you are passionate about? You gained enough popularity to be approached by advertisers because you shared your passion for interior decorating and life. If you get bogged down in posts like this that have no real content, you are going to lose readers and advertisers alike, which is contrary to your goal of the blog providing income.

Kids are exciting and exhausting. As a mother of two children under 2, I have to tell you that once baby #2 arrives you are going to realize how much easier it is to have just one kid to care for. The time you devote to yourself and your interests is going to become even more precious. If your blog is just going to be a money-making afterthought, content will be even more challenging. It’s a tough balance, but it’s your job. Again, I know you can do better.

Bluehost is well-known, reliable, and $4.95 per month for unlimited domains. I know many developers and programmers with clients who pay to have their site “hosted”, but the developers in turn just use Bluehost. $185/quarter is outrageous.

I hope that your portfolio does come to fruition, because that would be something I’d actually want to see and read about. It’s been a long time coming.

Best of luck with everything.

3. Kate says:

Your bedroom is so cute! Looks like a fabulous weekend :)

4. such a cute post and now I have a huge taste for a croissant breakfast sandwich. If I stop at dunkin donuts en route to work tomorrow morning, I’m faulting you.

5. brenda says:

great wallcovering! I really love the posts with family entries. Hudson is looking so grownup and handsome.
    Just a tidbit from when my children were small after a bout of not wanting to eat (always a relly good eater and suddenly not) Our family dr. said all things seemed to be ok with weight etc. and not having the treats he preferred in the house and just making meals available without coaxing and his appetite would dictate that it was time to eat. It worked. I think having the Dr. give me the reassurance made me more relaxed and anxiety-free.