Saying goodbye to Moo

DSC_0504

This has been a very hard week. Last week Moo stopped eating. We figured it was due to the bad thunderstorms and 4th of July related fireworks which normally make him really anxious and typically he doesn’t eat.

After the holiday weekend though he still wasn’t eating. We tried everything, but he even turned his nose down to bacon. This is when we knew things were wrong and on Monday we rushed him to the vet. Turns out the poor little guy had tongue ulcers that the vet thought was related to bacteria on his teeth. We left him at the vet feeling good that all he needed was a teeth cleaning and antibiotics.

The next day his blood work came back and we found out he was in kidney failure. Not the news we wanted to hear. When we read up on the symptoms of kidney failure we saw that Moo had every single one of them and that the symptoms didn’t show up until 75-80 percent of the kidney was damaged.

He started treatment right away, but sadly things didn’t get any better and he just kept looking worse and worse and we had to make a really hard decision.

Moo was and will always be my first baby. During my college years Jon and  I worked at Nordstrom and on our lunch breaks we would go to the pet store in the same mall. I would fall in love with certain puppies, take them out to play and even name them. They would all end up getting sold.

One day this sweet little black and white shih tzu with a ton of spunk arrived at the store and I was smitten. I went every single day to see him and even named him Moo due to the cow print pattern he had on his belly. I was obsessed with him and sadly one day he was gone from the store. Little did I know that on Christmas morning he would pop out of a gift box from Jon. He was the best gift I have ever received.

He immediately became part of the family and became our little baby. Moo was with us during the years we dated, engagement, marriage, homeowner ship and the birth of our 2 sons.

He was always there for us providing loads of unconditional love. Hudson fell in love him as well and would always wake up looking for his Moo-Moo and making sure he was feed and of course got his dose of cuddles.

This was a very rough week indeed with the tears flowing and yesterday when we had to say our final goodbye was beyond heart breaking.

DSC_0527

Moo, you will be missed.

This entry was posted in about me. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Saying goodbye to Moo

1. Laura C says:

So sorry to hear this. Hugs to all. He was very cute!

2. Zena says:

I’m so sorry for the loss of your fur baby. He sounds like he was awesome part of your life and family.

3. Daniela says:

This made me full out bawl. He will definitely be missed. His distinguished gray and distinguished ways. Love you! xoxo

4. Natalie says:

I am beyond sad for you now. It is just so wonderful how animals can come in and fill our hearts. I complete understand. I am so sorry. Big hugs to you and your family.

5. Pauline says:

I’m so sorry.
    Please remember what a loving home you provided for him and what a wonderful lesson of love he taught your son.

6. Kimber says:

I am so sorry for your loss! This just made me cry so hard. God Bless Moo!

7. Julie P says:

Saying good bye to a pet is so difficult. I am so sorry for your loss.

8. Morgan Guthrie says:

Aww sorry about Moo Camilia!! I’ll be thinking of him in doggy heavan – my dogs, Kelly and Riley will take good care of him :) xoxo

9. eva says:

I am so sorry. Sounds like Moo led a wonderful and loving life, however my heart still breaks for you. Sending you and your fam a hug.

10. Oh my god I am so so so sorry for your heartbreaking loss! It is never easy to lose a loved one, and often, it is hardest to lose a furry loved one.

I hope you take comfort in knowing you gave Moo a great life!

11. Diane says:

So very sorry to hear this. It is so difficult to lose a loved furry one. But he taught Hudson how to love and be gentle and compassionate so his work was done. I hope you find peace in his memory.

12. Ashley says:

so so sorry for your loss!

xo, ash

13. april says:

I will never understand why animals don’t have similar lifespans to humans. So very sorry for the loss of your sweet boy.

14. Sarah says:

I’m so sorry.

15. carol Jane says:

Oh no. I’m so sorry for your loss
    It’s so difficult to lose a precious pet
    I’ve gone through it too
    So heartbreaking
    You are in my prayers
    God bless

16. Oh, I am so sorry for your loss! I’ve been there and it’s like losing a family member. You have my prayers and I’m sure Moo will be watching over Hudson for years to come.

17. Karen says:

So sad to hear this. Our pets become such a huge part of our family and it’s so heartbreaking when we have to say goodbye to them. I hope you’re all doing ok.

18. Liz Hernandez-Nunez says:

I’m sorry:( I totally understand what you’re going through. Praying for you.