For the longest time I was a white gold sort of girl. Yellow gold always seemed so old fashioned and only something my mother or grandmother would like. Slowly I started warming up to yellow gold and now it’s a full on love affair.
In my jewelry picks I can go all out in yellow gold, but in my own home decor I still just enjoy little pops of it. I call it a Midas touch of gold and I love mixing it with a high dose of black.
Here are some of my favorite home decor accents to add the Midas touch to your home:
1. I love this art deco pattern on this gold/black wallpaper. Would look great in a small powder room.
2. If you know me even a little bit you know that I love elephants. How chic is this candle? You are left with quite the stylish container once it’s all done.
3. Can you believe this stunning bowl is made of paper! Only $10.
4. Books always make a statement in a room. Plus anything by F.Scott Fitzgerald is a favorite of mine.
5. Mirror, mirror on the wall with just the slightest glimmer of gold.
6.Inexpensive artwork at only $9.95 I would frame a set of 4.
7. Ah gold metallic contact paper! What possibilities. I would purchase an inexpensive black lamp shade (or paint an existing lamp shade black) and then line the inside with the gold contact paper. So chic!
9. Give your old furniture a new face lift with gold accents like this piece. A new to me product that I just started using is rub an buff. Not as many fumes as paint and not as messy as spray paint. Super easy to apply for small accents on a piece of furniture.
How do you feel about gold? Have you warmed up to it in home decor?